A simple Spaghetti Carbonara featuring Pioneer Marinara Meatballs!
1) Cook the pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until desired tenderness, then drain, reserving a cupful of cooking water.
2) Preheat a cast iron skillet over or non-stick pan over high heat. Remove stems from shiitake mushrooms and cut about 1/4 inch thick. Add a good dollop of butter to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, until well browned. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
3) Squeeze the sausage meat out of the skins, then quickly shape into ~18 even sized balls. Cook in a non-stick frying pan on medium heat with 1/2 a table spoon of olive oil until golden and cooked through.
4) Finely chop the parsley, stalks and all, beat it with the egg and a splash of pasta cooking water, then mix in most of the Parmesan.
5) Toss the drained pasta into the sausage pan, pour in the egg mixture, and toss for 1 miniute off the heat (the egg should cook in the residual heat). Loosen with a splash of reserved cooking water, season to perfection with sea salt and pepper and top with the remaining Parmesan.
6) Serve and enjoy!