Pioneer Beef n' Bacon Burgers with pineapple salsa and toasted chili de abrol tomatillo hot sauce. Simple and packed full of flavour!
1) Remove most of the seeds (the more you leave, the more heat!) and toast in a skillet over medium heat, turning often until they start to brown lightly (about 3 mins).
2) Place chiles, tomatillos, garlic and 2 1/2 cups of water in a medium saucepan and season with salt. Cover, bring to a simmer and cook until tomatillos turn olive green and burst (5 - 8 mins). Remove from heat and let sit for ~5 mins. Transfer chiles, tomatillos and garlic to a blender and add 1/2 cup of cooking liquid from saucepan and puree until smooth. Add lime juice, season with salt and let cool.
3) Make a pineapple boat! Follow this link for a good tutorial.
4) In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the pineapple salsa and stir well. Transfer back to your pineapple bowl if you want to dazzle your company.
5) Grill your burgs, toast your buns.
6) Slap a little mayo on your bun if you're into it, throw the paddy on and top with salsa and hot sauce. All done!